Contact Us Visiontek Systems Ltd.
NIR Blocking Filter - Near Infrared Filters
Near Infrared filters provide a high level of visible light transmission whilst blocking infra-red radiation. Typical applications are blocking NIR emissions from displays such as PDP that interfere with infra-red communication devices and protection for LCD displays from the sunís infra-red radiation.
The NIR filter also provides EMI shielding and protection for displays in direct sunlight to continue working.
The NIR film is a transparent conductive PET film that has been sputter coated to combine block both harmful UV radiation and electromagnetic interference.
● Precision cut parts by zero width CNC process from stock rolls
● As a fully laminated filter between glass or polycarbonate
● Or as an additional filter within another custom laminated window specification
The properties of the NIR filter are >70% visible light transmission and >90% Infra-red rejection at 850nm increasing to 95% from 950nm.
● Near Infra Red is effectively cut due to an amalgamation of blocking and reflecting of transmission above 800nm
● Very low surface resistance of 2 Ohms per square gives a practical level of EMI shielding
● High visible transmission 60 - 65% with minimal colour shift.
● Neutral colour is a contrast enhancement aid for image visibility
● Coating has very strong resistance to corrosion that is a frailty of silver based conductive films
● Custom optical laminations in glass and HB fire rated polycarbonate. Various thicknesses available.
● EMI shielding with laminated EmiClare mesh or ITO coated glass/ acrylic.
● Privacy and contrast enhancement filters.
● AgF8 silver coated polyester. This has a lower level of Infrared reflection than the NIR film but is an easy to fit solution with EMI/RFI shielding.
● Infra-red transmittance filters that absorb the entire visible spectrum.